24 Jul Tips: Renovating Your Bathrooms and Kitchen
Renovating bathrooms and kitchens are hard task to do. It is very stressful, and very tiring; you’ll need all the help you can get. We’re the right people to help you! In our firm, we have a motto; our clients’ satisfaction is our top priority. Whatever help you need, we’re here to lend a hand. There are a lot of clients who make mistakes, during the renovation process. Here are some tips and guidelines you’ll need to know when you remodel or renovate your kitchen or bathroom.
Tips You’ll Need to Know During Kitchen Remodeling:
- Central Point: It is best when you decide to renovate your kitchen; you should look at the kitchen with a perspective of a focal or central point. It is best to look at your kitchen with the point of view that might serve as a central point, perhaps a window or an appliance.
- Location: It is best to locate your entire appliance next to one another within your reach. For example, you place your fridge, sink, and oven next to another. It is preferable to place your sink in the midst of your appliances, as it is most often.
- Space: If you have a lot of space and wear your hostess’s cap often, then you should consider having a back-to-back kitchen set. In one kitchen, you could put your refrigerator, oven, sink, microwave, and your pantry. In the other kitchen, you could have your wine-chillers, ice-makers, a second sink and a great quantity of storage will be available.
- All about Drawers: It is preferable to use pull-out drawers rather than reach-in, the traditional pull-out drawers are with more ease. Although it is a pest, when you pull open a drawer and forget about it, then end up getting hit reaching for something. However, the pull-out drawers are easier to handle than the reach-in drawers, so they are more recommended.
- Sketch Plan: Before you renovate or remodel, you MUST draw a sketch of how you want your kitchen to look like. It is absolutely necessary, whether you or your contractor lays out the outline of your kitchen, you must make sure everything is where you want it to be: the oven, refrigerator, the sink, etc.
That is all the important information you need to know, concerning kitchen remodeling. As for bathroom tips, they are quite similar, however, there are a lot of things that you need to know before you decide to renovate.
What You Need To Know Before You Remodel Your Bathroom:
- Tiles: Tiles are a very important part of your bathroom, and there are so many to choose from. If you want tiles that are easy-to-clean, go for porcelain, and avoid any absorbent natural stone. If you want non-slip tiles then go for something with a textured surface, like matte or sand-containing glazes. That will help you slip less, due to the rough texture.
- Space: If you have enough room then it is best to spread out your bathroom utilities. This means you can add space between your sink, your toilet, your bathtub or shower box. If you don’t have much space, then you can always have a cute, half-bathroom. A half-bathroom is when your sink and toilet is right next to each other, and your bathtub or shower-box is located in front.
- Measurements: There is no height plan when it comes to measuring your towel hanger, or your bathroom cabinet. However it is best to keep all of these applications within your reach. You wouldn’t want to grab a chair and climb on it, just to get a tube of toothpaste. That’s ridiculous! So, make sure everything is within your height range.
- AGAIN, Sketch Plan: It is very, very vital to sketch out your bathroom layout, before beginning to attach anything. It is best to hash out your ideas with your contractor and apply it on sketch, for his professional opinion and so you can have your dream bathroom!
We hope these tips and guidelines helped. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate. We’d be more than happy to help.